ALEXANDER ALLEY-Fulfilling Retail potential with a world of experience
3 The Old Brewery, Longden, Coleham, Shrewsbury SY3 7JD England – Bo-Alex@Hotmail.com - 0785 120 2600
RETAIL DIRECTOR, STRATEGIST, TRAINER
Opens Retail stores across Europe, Asia and the Americas. Designs and Implements Training programs globally. Develops online Retail resources and tools while building and managing Corporate & Franchise store networks in U.S., Europe and Asia. Working cross functionally with Product, Visuals and Marketing to Build Brands through consistent standards, innovative Retail concepts and an engaging shopping experience.
· Built U.S. Store network from 6 to 27 stores
· Developed Stock program to support $70m annual revenue
· Designed and Implemented Training programs for 71 countries and 2,000+ individuals
· Increased Franchise store network sales by 12%
· Brought loss making company back into profitability + $1m
· Delivered full set of Retail Competences to store network of 300
Training Program Architect Franchise Retail Concept & Support
Product Management Store operations & Inventory Management
Award winning sales professional Store Expansion & Space Management
Team Developer & Motivator Retail Tool Developer
Natuzzi SPA– (World’s Largest Leather Manufacturer – Franchise concept holder - 300 stores worldwide)
EMEA Regional Training Manager – 71 Countries, 2,000+ personnel 2012 - 2013
European, Middle Eastern and African markets with +200 stores and +2000 personnel had no Learning & Development programs or activity, by assessing needs and developing Sales, Product, Management and Visual training programs and working with each market in detail implemented a full Education package across the region.
Global Retail Manager – Worldwide 2010 – 2012
As Global Retail Manager delivered a full set of Retail competences to ensure profitability, responsible for the Retail Management and development within the Americas and then Worldwide. Instrumental in the transition from Manufacturer to successful Retailer, building Retail Model Competencies. Developing Retail, Visual, Store Planning and Educational processes and standards.
Retail Director– The Americas 2009 – 2010
Moved the U.S. organization from fragmented distribution and little Retail Structure to a clearly defined POS strategy and built set of Retail best practices. Designing full spectrum Education programs and then implementing.
· Turned around 50+ Corporate store network into profitability
· Built Natuzzi Brand awareness within the Americas through Retail consistency and Customer
· Created Retail tools, processes and procedures globally, opening stores in Latin America, North
America, Canada and globally.
· Natuzzi Global Retail team leader, developed Global Retail model for 123 countries.
· Developed and Implemented Natuzzi Global Education program.
BoConcept-USA- (Contemporary Furniture & Home Furnishings Retailer - Franchise & Concept Holder - 44 stores)
Product Manager- North America, South America & Canada - 2007 – 2009
Solved complex issues of product assortment across the Americas with Core Collection strategy. Implemented product analysis and development in 40 stores throughout North America, South America and Canada. Brought product focus within Marketing & QC and Visual Departments. Developed National Product Strategy within the Americas. Implemented stock program to support $70m + sales within the Americas.
· Developed and managed product stock program to support 40+ stores in 9 countries.
· Created Standard operating procedures to improve inter-departmental communication.
· Controlled product range and in-store display to maximize group sales to $70m +.
BoConcept-USA - (Contemporary Furniture & Home Furnishings Retailer - Franchise & Concept Holder - 44 stores)
Regional Manager- New York, Florida, Canada - 2005 – 2009
Joined at the early stages of Brand and Store expansion and developed store network from 6 to 27 in 3 years, Managing and developing the Franchise store network and Brand with Budgeting & Key Figure Follow up. Executed Store Evaluation, Campaign implementation, Sales Coaching & Product Training, Store Openings, Space Management, Responsible for 200 + personnel. Led Franchise group of stores to 12% increase in sales to profitability.
· Developed largest group of Franchise stores worldwide hitting budget and growth from 2 to 8 stores.
· Opened 12 stores, training and developing 200+ sales professionals and managers.
· Developed and defined “Retail Operations Manager” role to support expanding U.S. Concept chain.
Alan Ward Furnishers, UK - (Home Furnishings Department Store - flagship store)
General Manager- UK 2004 – 2005
Led by example in each department to illustrate how to maximize sales and motivate 40+ team members before taking management of the entire department store and leading it to profitability with sales of $20m +
· Motivated and united sales team and department managers to turn around a failing business.
· Lead by example in each department, demonstrating how to maximize sales.
D.F.S. Furniture UK - (Europe’s Leading Upholstery Retailer - 36 stores) Sales Manager- London - 2001 – 2003
Sales Coached and motivated sales team of 12 in Europe’s largest furniture store generating $40m + turnover, European Award winning Sales performance.
· 2 years European leading sales - $4m personal sales per year.
· Drove daily sales to reach monthly sales goals, leading to $2m day.
World of Leather, UK - (Leather upholstery specialists - 12 stores)
Store Manager- London - 2000 – 2001
Managed day to day business of 30,000 sqft Flagship store.
· Turned failing business into profitable one through organization and motivation.
· Coached and developed sales team to achieve 15% sales growth.
Cargo Home Shops, UK - (Furniture, Home Furnishings and Giftware retail chain - 21 stores)
Store Manager & District Visual Manager- London - 1996 – 2000
Managed 20+ personnel and developed display standards, Responsible for $20m + turnover, Developed Sales Coaching techniques within company.
· Created a uniform and standardized Visual Display concept which gave the chain a brand identity.
· Turned around 2 stores to achieve +10% growth.
EDUCATION & AWARDS
Higher National Diploma - Design International Design Award - London Exhibition
Bachelors Degree – Graphic Design European Sales Award - Leading Sales